- This event has passed.
Williams Club 2019 Annual Dinner
July 31 @ 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm
The Future of Work:
How Williams is preparing students and empowering alumni for a rapidly changing world
From technology to globalization, powerful forces are fundamentally changing the workplace, the workforce, and the nature of work itself. In an effort to stay ever on the forefront of this evolution, Williams College has adapted and improved its approach to career exploration and networking, and is continually reimagining how it can most effectively prepare its students and alumni for their professional futures.
Williams’ First Destination Survey recently reported that, among members of its graduating class of 2018:
- 89% had at least one internship prior to graduation
- 87% are extremely satisfied or satisfied with their primary postgraduate activity
- 60% are aware of Williams alumni at their organization
Join us to learn how human capital leaders are navigating these changes, how the College works with current students entering the workforce and promotes career-related interaction among alumni, what you can do to support these efforts, and what the College can do for you. We will hear from a panel of administrators and alumni with a range of experience and perspectives on networking, hiring, and career development.
- Sydney Streets Gibson ‘06, Manager, Recruiting Operations, McKinsey & Company
- Craig Tamamoto ’02, Head of Human Capital Management & Employee Relations, Global Investment Research, Goldman Sachs
- Don Kjelleren, Director, ’68 Center for Career Exploration, Williams College
- Wendy Webster Coakley ’85, Director of Alumni Career Networking, Williams College
- Q&A moderated by Tom Morgan ’91, President of the Williams Club Board of Governors
- 5:00-5:30 Williams Club Annual Meeting
- 5:30-6:15 Reception
- 6:15-7:15 Dinner
- 7:15-8:30 Panel Discussion
Members and their guests: $75
Class of ’11 and younger (including guests): $50
Dinner price is inclusive of beer, wine, soft drinks bar; dinner wine, tax & gratuity.